Getting started guides for your device
- OverDrive created their OverDrive Account to use with their mobile apps for Android, Apple and Kindle Fire (Android) devices. You may chose to sign up for the OverDrive Account or continue to use an Adobe ID. Download OverDrive's mobile app from your device's "app store” or install Adobe Digital Editions software from Adobe on to your computer to use with a non-tablet eReader like the Kobo Glo, Aura, or Mini. See specific device instructions below for more details.
- NEW! EBSCO eBooks has a new mobile app for Apple, Android, and Amazon mobile devices. Download it from your device's store and learn more from EBSCO eBooks App.
Below is a guide to instructions on the most popular devices used to access downloadable eBook and eAudio and videos. It is not exhaustive and a complete list of all compatible devices is linked below.
OverDrive List of Compatible Devices
EBSCO List of Compatible Device
Accessible versions of these documents available on request. Please contact us.
(Aura, Touch, Glo & Mini)
- Requires Adobe Digital Editions installed on PC or Mac.
- Requires use of a new or current Adobe Digital Editions account ID or an OverDrive Account for use in Adobe Digital Edfitions software.
- OverDrive Instructions Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, Mini. (Sept 2016)
Kobo Arc or Vox
- Requires installation of the OverDrive Media app from the OverDrive website.
- Requires use of a new or current Adobe Digital Editions account ID or an OverDrive Account through the OverDrive app.
- Instructions Kobo Arc or Vox (September 2016)
Apple iPads, iPhones
- Requires OverDrive Media Console from the "App Store"
- Requires use of a new or current Adobe Digital Editions account ID or an OverDrive Account .
- iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch for OverDrive (Sept 2016
- Requires the downloading of the OverDrive Media app from the "Android Market", "Google Play" or from the OverDrive website.
- Requires creation of an Adobe Digital Editions account or an OverDrive Account.
- Android Tablets (Sept 2016).
- Requires the downloading of the OverDrive Media Console from the "Store"
- Requires creation of an Adobe Digital Editions account ID or an OverDrive Account .
- Instructions:Kindle Fire for OverDrive (Sept 2016).
- Sony Reader Store closed in 2014.
- Requires creation of an Adobe Digital Editions account ID.
- Sony Reader T Models and Sony PRS models Sony Reader (Sept 2015)
La bibliothèque offre le service de livres électroniques de langue française Mabiblionumérique.
Instructions pour appareil mobile ou lecteur numérique
Version accessible de ce document est disponible sur demande . Contactez nous s'il vous plait.
Blackberry Z10, Z30 & Passport phones can download the OverDrive app from their phone's Amazon app. Open the Amazon app on your device and search for OverDrive within the Amazon app store. Download it and the OverDrive app will appear on your phone. For more instructions about the app once downloaded look at the Android Tablets (Sept 2016) instructions.
More help can be requested from the Adult Services Information Desk on the lower level, by phone at 905-953-5110 ext 4770 and by email via our Ask-A-Librarian. Contact Adult Services and Digital Services for further assistance.
Patrons wishing to download eBooks in the library should contact the Adult Services Information Desk for assistance.
Return to the eResources page