- My NPL
- What's Hot
- About NPL
REGISTRATION DATES FOR SUMMER PROGRAMS
1. Registration for July programs begins Thursday, June 13.
Registration for August programs begins Thursday, July 11.
2. Registration begins, in person only, in the morning at 9:30 a.m. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Telephone registration will be accepted after 12:00 noon.
3. Program fees must be paid at the time of registration. Method of payment is cash, cheque, credit or debit. If the registration is received by phone, fees must be paid within 3 open days of registration or the space will automatically be given to another child. No post-dated cheques will be accepted.
4. If registering on behalf of another family please provide required information in full.
5. Age appropriateness is established in order to maximize the enjoyment and benefit for all participants. Children must be of the specified age to register for a program.
6. Summer programs are open to Newmarket residents and those living in York Region. An additional $10.00 will be added to most registration fess for those living outside of York Region.
7. Children must be members of the Summer Reading Club in order to register for Summer Reading Club activities.
1. If you cancel your registration at least one week before the program begins, all fees will be refunded. If you paid by cheque, refund will be held for one month.
2. Cancellations that are received less than a week in advance of the program, and for which we are able to replace the participant, a full refund will be granted.
3. If the cancellation is received less than a week in advance of the program, and for which we are unable to replace the participant, no refunds will be granted.
4. If you cancel your registration after the program has begun, there will be no refund. Credits or transfers may be possible in specific circumstances but must be used within the calendar year.
5. A program may be cancelled if there is insufficient registration. All participants will be contacted if a program is cancelled. All fees will be fully refunded in this case.
1. If your child is unable to attend, please phone before the program.
2. If your child has any pertinent medical, physical , or allergy conditions, please inform the leader.
3. Parking is free with a 3 hour maximum on the east side of the Library, in the spaces directly across facing the Clock Tower Inn. These Municipal spaces are designated for the Library. The parking lot SE of the Library is a Municipal Lot operated by the Town of Newmarket and parking is also free with a 3 hour maximum in this location. The lot on the NW corner of the Library is 15 minute parking only and is not suitable for those attending programs.
4. During programs, parents or caregivers must remain in the building, preferably in or near program rooms. Please inform staff if you need to visit another part of the Library during a program. Parents or caregivers are requested to be at the door at the start and end of a program.
5. In the event of an emergency evacuation of the Library building, staff will ensure that children leaving the program rooms will be matched with their parents or caregivers. If a parent or caregiver is elsewhere in the Library, their child will be escorted by a staff member to an outside warden(easily identified by a safety vest). Parents or caregivers should not search the building, but rather leave the Library immediately and make contact with their child outside.