- My NPL
- What's Hot
- About NPL
Get involved in your community or NPL by volunteering!
There are many ways for you to get information on volunteering. Our volunteer centre that is located in the NPL is happy to assist you with your search in York Region.
Get involved by:
• visiting us on our online York Info database!
• fill out an online registration form or at the library and suggestions will be sent to you by your responses
• you can also make an appointment with our Volunteer Coordinator so that you can discuss the options that are available to you.
Based on your interests, skills, experience and availability, you will be provided with recommendations. Hundreds of not for profit organizations are waiting for you to become involved. You can apply directly off of our website to them or contact the agencies of your choice directly by telephone.
Interested in reading more about NPL volunteer opportunities?
To learn more about volunteering or to book an appointment, contact Kelly Towsley at 905.953.5110 ext.4700.
The York Info database is a partnership of four libraries in York Region, including Newmarket Public Library. It offers free access to community information and volunteer records. Our database of over 2,000 community records contains accurate, reliable information on social services, government programs, service clubs, and not-for-profit organizations. The volunteer database is a collection of current volunteer positions that are offered by York Region’s not-for-profit organizations and is easily searchable. With this on-line database you can:
• Search for volunteer opportunities that suit
your interests, location, skills, and
• Browse volunteer opportunities for a
• Browse through different categories of
• Search for opportunities suitable for a
student or adult
Contact community services
Community Services Librarian
Community Information Coordinator
905.535.5110 ext. 4860